Teacher Education Alliance (TEA) New Teacher Program
Are you a first- or second-year teacher?
Interested in building community with other new teachers?
Looking to add strategies to your teacher toolkit?
The (TEA) New Teacher Program is a series of 10 workshops offered at NO COST to early career educators in the Greater Philadelphia region. You are welcome to join one or all sessions. Your choice! Click here for program details: TEA New Teacher Program
Workshops #4-10 offered as monthly TEA Evening Workshops
All sessions will be offered via Zoom from 7:00-8:00 PM.
- Thursday, November 11, 2021 – Peer support: How to connect to teachers outside of your school (led by Swarthmore College)
- Thursday, December 9, 2021- Differentiation for All (led by Temple University and Neumann University)
- Thursday, January 13, 2022 – Building a Culture of inquiry (led by Eastern University)
- Thursday, February 10, 2022 – Effective Questioning & Linking Questioning to Assessment (Led by La Salle University)
- Thursday, March 10, 2022 – Building Relationships with Families (led by City’s Office of Children & Families)
- Thursday, April 14, 2022 – Self-care, managing expectations, and connecting/working with others (Led by Science Leadership Academy M.S.)
- Thursday, May 12, 2022 – Building Relationships with Community (led by PHENND)
To attend any of the workshops (#1-10), please register here: EDU1009 – Teacher Education Alliance (TEA) – New Teacher Program Once registered, you are welcome to join all or select sessions (#4-10), based on your interests and goals. Act 48 credits are pending for these workshops.
To attend workshops #1-3, you must ALSO register for the conference on Eventbrite. Make sure to indicate you are part of TEA on the Eventbrite link (click “TEA Grad” to receive free admission to the conference. Once you are registered for the conference; you are welcome to attend the TEA sessions and all other sessions offered at the conference. Act 48 credits will be available through the conference.
The Teacher Education Alliance (TEA) is a Greater Philadelphia Regional consortium that works collaboratively to improve teacher education and teacher efficacy through enhanced communication and cooperation among local schools, districts, universities, and community organizations regarding the design of and access to meaningful professional preparations for current and future educators.
|Bryn Mawr and Haverford Colleges||Philadelphia Education Fund|
|Cabrini University||Philadelphia School Partnership|
|Cairn University||PRNP / Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program|
|Chestnut Hill College||Rowan University|
|Community College of Philadelphia||School District of Philadelphia|
|Drexel University||St. Joseph’s University|
|Eastern University||Swarthmore College|
|Gwynedd Mercy University||Teach PHL|
|Holy Family University||Temple University|
|Immaculata University||The Philadelphia Learning Collaborative|
|La Salle University||University of Pennsylvania|
|Manor College||Villanova University|
|Neumann University||West Chester University|
|Penn GSE||Widener University|
|William Penn Foundation|
10/16/2021 - 12/09/2021
9:00 am - 2:00 pm