About Philadelphia Performing Arts: A String Theory Charter School
We believe every student is gifted and has specific intelligences that must be nurtured. Providing students with equal opportunity for learning and discovery and development of their innate potentials, through String Theory Schools’ unique and rigorous curriculum blending academic and artistic excellence, we enable our students to become the next generation of creative leaders.
Philadelphia Performing Arts, A String Theory Charter School is seeking a 7th/8th Grade
Science teacher to join the teaching team at our Vine Street campus located at 1600 Vine
Street. This teacher will be responsible for teaching sections of 7th and 8th grade science.
Students throughout our organization engage in a unique educational program designed to
grow the next generation of creative leaders through their participation in the arts and
sciences as major subjects alongside a technology-infused, standards-driven academic
curriculum. Our teachers are creative, passionate, professional educators who believe that
every student has specific intelligences that must be nurtured and that all students should
have an equal opportunity to achieve their own innate potential.
Duties and Responsibilities
String Theory Schools teaching candidates…
● are passionate about creative arts and sciences
● are undaunted by urban challenges and dynamic change
● value multi-disciplinary collaboration
● know technology can transform learning experiences
● apply feedback and constructive criticism with grace
● understand that hard work and fun are not mutually exclusive
● accept responsibility for student growth
● not only think outside the box, but can find compelling reasons why the box isn’t
● Develop vigorous courses, plans, projects, assignments, and assessments.
● Collaborate with grade and/or subject area teachers to refine and implement
high-quality curriculum aligned to standards and competencies.
● Build relationships with students and families through thoughtful and frequent
● Experience working in diverse settings and/or commitment to improving one’s own
● Ability to use or willingness to learn technology integration to improve teaching and
● Ability to effectively manage a classroom where student choice, inquiry,
differentiation, and authentic learning are high values
● Ability to problem solve, research and work in a collaborative environment
● Analyze and regularly use both qualitative and quantitative data to inform your
● Cultivate higher order thinking skills through inquiry
● Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree
● PA Certification in Grades 4-8 with Science Concentration (or will consider General
● Criminal history, child abuse and FBI clearances (Acts 34, 151 and FBI)
● Access to consistent coaching in instruction and technology integration
● Access to best-in-class technology resources and a physical framework designed with
innovative learning in mind
● Excellent health benefits (for both you and your family), retirement benefits, and
School TypePublic Charter