About Philadelphia Performing Arts: A String Theory Charter School
Philadelphia Performing Arts: A String Theory Charter School seeks full-time counselors to join the team at the Vine Street Campus (1600 Vine Street). At Vine Street, students in grades 6-12 engage their learning in a unique educational environment designed to grow the next generation of creative leaders. Students focus on a major in the performing arts, sciences, or design to complement their technology-infused, project-based, standards- and competency-driven academic curriculum. Our teachers are creative, passionate, professional educators that believe every student has specific intelligences that must be nurtured and that all students should have an equal opportunity to achieve their own innate potential.
Philadelphia Performing Arts, A String Theory Charter School is seeking a 7th Grade Science Teacher to join the teaching team at our Vine Street campus located at 1600 Vine Street. This teacher will be responsible for teaching sections of 7th grade science. Students throughout our organization engage in a unique educational program designed to grow the next generation of creative leaders through their participation in the arts and sciences as major subjects alongside a technology-infused, standards-driven academic curriculum. Our teachers are creative, passionate, professional educators who believe that every student has specific intelligences that must be nurtured and that all students should have an equal opportunity to achieve their own innate potential.
Duties and Responsibilities
String Theory Schools teaching candidates…
- are passionate about creative arts and sciences
- are undaunted by urban challenges and dynamic change
- value multi-disciplinary collaboration
- know technology can transform learning experiences
- apply feedback and constructive criticism with grace
- understand that hard work and fun are not mutually exclusive
- accept responsibility for student growth
- not only think outside the box, but can find compelling reasons why the box isn’t necessary
- Develop vigorous courses, plans, projects, assignments, and assessments.
- Collaborate with grade and/or subject area teachers to refine and implement high-quality curriculum aligned to standards and competencies.
- Build relationships with students and families through thoughtful and frequent communication
- Experience working in diverse settings and/or commitment to improving one’s own cultural competence
- Ability to use or willingness to learn technology integration to improve teaching and learning
- Ability to effectively manage a classroom where student choice, inquiry, differentiation, and authentic learning are high values
- Ability to problem solve, research and work in a collaborative environment
- Analyze and regularly use both qualitative and quantitative data to inform your practice
- Cultivate higher order thinking skills through inquiry
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree
- PA Certification in Grades 4-8 with 7/8 Science Concentration (will also consider General Science K-12, Chemistry 7-12, or Physics 7-12)
- Criminal history, child abuse and FBI clearances (Acts 34, 151 and FBI)
- Access to consistent coaching in instruction and technology integration
- Access to best-in-class technology resources and a physical framework designed with innovative learning in mind
- Excellent health benefits (for both you and your family), retirement benefits, and more!
School TypePublic Charter