About Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School
Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School, a college preparatory, Catholic school for students of all faiths, nurtures and challenges young people to recognize and realize their full potential as they learn to love others, grow in their faiths, and serve the common good. Founded in 2012 and based in a beautiful campus in the Tioga neighborhood of Philadelphia, the school serves over 525 students in grades 9-12 from across the city of Philadelphia as well as Camden.
Each student participates in the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP), an integral part of the Cristo Rey model in which every student works one day a week throughout their four years at the school.
Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School is seeking dedicated, intellectually curious and mission-driven educators and staff members who are open to growth, committed to equity and inclusion, and who reflect and/or celebrate our rich cultural diversity. As part of the team, they will have an opportunity to continue to develop one of Philadelphia’s most promising educational options for young people.
This role will represent Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School to a wide variety of constituents, including feeder grade schools, community groups, and athletic organizations, all of which serve as the source for new students. The ideal candidate will be a welcoming presence to families and students, a collaborative team player, and a comfortable presenter and organizer. They will be attentive to detail, comfortable with technology and possess analytical, process-oriented thinking to handle the various aspects of our annual admissions process, which includes 500-1000 applications for 160 seats each year.
The Admissions and Enrollment Counselor is a full year role and reports to the Director of Admissions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with other members of the admissions team, shepherd enrollment of a new incoming class each year throughout the admissions process with focus on both the people and data side of this process
- Solicit applications through presentations to prospective students at admissions events, high school fairs, visits to feeder schools and community groups, and personal interactions
- Process applications using school systems (Salesforce and Facts) and complete multi-step process to collect, analyze and finalize student admissions files, working with families throughout this process and actively engaging in the use of systems to enhance the day to day flow of information
- Coordinate and participate in admissions events at the school such as Open Houses, Information Sessions and Shadow Days
- Actively engage in the use of department systems to enhance the day to day information flow; develop proficiency in creating and analyzing data and reports/spreadsheets
- Identify areas of improvement in the application process to improve the completion and conversion rates
- Conduct interviews with students and families to further evaluate if the student is a good fit for Cristo Rey
- Determine admissions decisions and family contribution commitments in adherence to network and school guidelines, and in collaboration with rest of Admissions team
- Ensure student files are ready for handoff to academic team at completion of admissions process
- Supervise student workers in admissions office from time to time
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Successful applicants will embody the mission-commitment, openness to growth and personal learning, dedication, drive, flexibility, creativity, joy, and resilience that are central to the character of our staff. In addition, they will meet or exceed the following requirements:
- A genuine and strong commitment to the mission of Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School
- Strong interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, parents, and the community
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, self-directed follow-up, and a drive for results
- Ability to build trusted partnerships throughout the Philadelphia/Chester/Camden area,
- Aptitude for systems and process-driven analysis; knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint and database management
- Spanish proficiency (written and oral)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of experience in admissions or enrollment in school environment
Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required such as:
- Functioning in school space – walking, sitting, standing, reaching;
- Must be able to sit for up to four hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard/mouse and typing;
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs on a frequent basis.
To apply for the Admissions and Enrollment Counselor position at Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School, please submit a PDF of the following documents:
- Resume or CV;
- Cover letter expressing interest in this position and addressing the following question:
Over the past ten years we have assembled a team of experienced educators and leaders who maintain high expectations for our students and work tirelessly to support each student’s learning, growth, and development. We have built a mission-driven culture that is open to growth, dedicated, driven, flexible, creative, loving, joyful, and resilient. Our team is comprised of individuals who are not afraid to fail and who dare to dream big. We push ourselves to be constantly learning, reflecting, creating and developing. We challenge our students and ourselves to believe, to dream, to lead, and to serve. Why should you be part of this team?
- Three references including name, title, relationship to applicant, phone number, and email address of each.
Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School is an equal-opportunity employer with excellent benefits and a mission-driven culture that values community and initiative. Salary is commensurate with experience.
NOTICE TO APPLICANT: COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School requires that all eligible employees and volunteers receive and maintain ongoing vaccination of COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to lawful exemptions.