About Independence Mission Schools (IMS)
About IMS: Independence Mission Schools (IMS) educate students of all faiths living throughout Philadelphia. Our inspiring new network of 15 schools blends the best of Catholic education with innovative teaching strategies designed to meet the unique learning needs of all students.
Since our inception in 2012, our enrollment has grown over 20%, our students are outperforming 80% of their neighboring public and charter schools in Reading, and we have received increasing recognition as a network that successfully integrates faith, character, and academics to create warm, energizing schools that are sustainable for students, staff, and community. Ultimately, IMS recognizes that our students are on track to make their own choices in pursuit of college and career opportunities because they are on grade level academically and enrolled in a high-quality high school.
Perks of IMS: Teachers at IMS enjoy ongoing development through coaching, mentorship, and professional development and a benefits package that matches 403b contributions, provides low-cost healthcare, and guarantees paid sick time and personal time.
St. Helena Incarnation, an Independence Mission School, is seeking After School Teacher (CARES) staff for the upcoming school year.
Duties and Responsibilities
Our after school staff should possess:
- Commitment, desire and interpersonal skills necessary to work with elementary age school children
- Ability to interact effectively with parents / guardians
- Ability to relate well in a multicultural classroom environment
Certification, Degrees, and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (required)
- Associate’s Degree, or at least 60 college credits in an education-related field (preferred)
- Pennsylvania Instructional Certificate (preferred)
- Experience working in a school-setting (preferred)
- Clearances on all required background checks (required)
Other Pertinent Information:
- Salary: Per Hour $14.00
- Part time (15-20 hours per week)
- Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 2:45 – 6:00 P.M. – Wednesdays 2:00pm to 6:00pm or 11:30am to 6:00pm – depending on school schedule.