About Indochinese American Council
The Indochinese American Council (IAC) oversees out-of-school-time (OST) programs in Philadelphia that provide children, youth and families with educational, social-emotional and enrichment activities after school. Currently we are hiring summer Group Leaders and Assistant Group Leaders for Bridesburg Elementary School (K-8) summer program in Northeast Philadelphia.
Assistant Group Leader will implement and lead all daily OST program activities for the after-school and summer programs with assigned cohorts. This includes supervising, mentoring and engaging school age youth in all programmatic activities. Group Leaders are also responsible for the preparation and distribution of snacks/meals to students and facilitating clean-up duties. Other responsibilities include planning, developing and implementing creative, recreational, social, educational, and cultural group activities in addition to implementing specific Project Based Learning (PBL) and 21st CCLC activities daily. Group Leaders will be expected to adopt, model, carry-out, and strictly enforce COVID-19 safety protocols and procedures in accordance with the City of Philadelphia Department of Public Health and Center of Disease Control Guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Arrives to work on time, motivated and enthusiastic to work with assigned children.
· Ensures the safety and engagement of the assigned student cohort through program activities, including snack, learning support, literacy, project-based learning, and transition.
· Supports teaching staff in their efforts to make-up academic learning-loss.
· Serves as a positive role model and upholds professional behavior at all times
· Stays in their assigned cohorts and effectively models and enforces COVID-19 safety protocols (mask-wearing, social distancing, hand-washing etc.)
· Provides assistance with cleaning and sanitizing while following the school’s cleaning check-list.
· Assists with disinfecting high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
· Assists and/or conducts the daily COVID-19 sign in / sign out procedure. (Asks parents a medical questionnaire, records temperature, records arrival and departure times.)
· Plans and involves children in a range of multidisciplinary activities.
· Works constructively with the school and other colleagues; communicates regularly with supervisory staff.
· Communicates with parents and caregivers regarding progress and problem solving.
· Maintains responsibility for designated program supplies and proper use of all facilities, including classrooms.
· Completes all necessary documentation and administrative task.
· Leads and engages ALL assigned youth in daily recreational, social and educational activities.
· Provides individualized and group tutoring during the “Help with Homework” portion of after-school program.
· Supports the Director with creating and implementing Project Based Learning (PBL) and 21st CCLC activities and ensures that those activities fall in line with the PA Common Core Standards.
· Accompanies and supervises children/youth on field trips.
· Agrees to participate in 15-20 hours of professional development every year during employment.
· Develops positive relationships with children, parents, colleagues, supervisors, administrators and, when applicable, the school day teachers of students in assigned group.
· Participates in staff meetings as established by OST Director or OST Assistant Director.
· An assistant group supervisor shall have attained one of the following qualification levels:
o A high school diploma or a GED plus and 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field.
o A high school diploma or a general educational development certificate, 15 credit hours from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and 1 year of experience with children.
o A high school diploma or a general educational development certificate and 2 years’ experience with children.
· Completed all three clearances (PA Criminal Record, FBI Finger Print, Child Abuse)
· Mandated Reported training.
· First Aid and CPR Training
· COVID-19 Vaccination Record