About Springside Chestnut Hill Academy
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (SCH) is an independent school offering a rigorous college preparatory program that delivers an unparalleled academic experience.
The Associate Director of College Counseling is responsible for counseling students regarding college search and placement and for coordinating assistance during the college application process.
Duties and Responsibilities
● In collaboration with other members of the College Counseling office, creates, coordinates and implements parent and student education programs regarding the college search process. This includes parents and students in grades 9-12. Program content may include meetings, college nights, financial aid programs, and athletic recruitment programs.
● Coordinates standardized testing such as PSAT, ACT, and AP exams.
● Coordinates college representative visits.
● Assumes primary responsibility for assisting students to develop a college list, meets with families and students, writes recommendations, completes secondary school reports, reads student essays, assists students with preparing activity sheets, assists families with preparing scholarship applications, and assists students to create athletic/arts/new media recruitment materials.
● Teaches juniors and seniors in a weekly college class that runs throughout the academic year.
● Maintains a local, regional, and national presence in a variety of collegial groups.
● Establishes and maintains mutually beneficial relationships with college admissions staff.
● Prepares reports on the class that incorporate college outcomes, statistics, and highlights for the class.
● Supervises content for the college counseling page on the school’s website.
● Prepares an annual school profile.
● Other duties as assigned by the Director of College Counseling.
Minimum: bachelor’s degree; master’s degree and three years’ experience in a similar position preferred.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Strong organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines.
● Strong interpersonal skills.
● Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse backgrounds of community members with a continuous focus on healthy relationship building.
● Demonstrated deep understanding of cultural competency skills and enthusiasm for issues of diversity, inclusivity, and multiculturalism.
● Knowledge of colleges, their academic programs, admission and financial policies, and procedures.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
● Work in an environment dealing with a wide variety of deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
● Able to move around a classroom and other school environments.
● Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
● Work primarily in a traditional climate-controlled offi ce environment.
Interested candidates, please email a cover letter, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.