About Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School
Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School, a college preparatory, Catholic school for students of all faiths, nurtures and challenges young people to recognize and realize their full potential as they learn to love others, grow in their faiths, and serve the common good.
Each student participates in the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP), which offers a weekly work study experience for all four years. Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School is seeking dedicated, intellectually curious and mission-driven educators who are open to growth and desire to be part of our committed community. As part of the faculty, they will have an opportunity to continue to develop one of Philadelphia’s most promising
educational options for young men and women. Candidates should have an appreciation of the school’s mission and a commitment to the values of Catholic education.
The Business Literacy teacher will teach the Business Literacy Course and assist with curriculum development. The Business Literacy course focuses on the development of the professional, technical and communication skills that are essential to the roles that our students fill in the workplaces of our job partners and the professional development of our students. The curriculum places an emphasis on the following workplace skills: communication, networking, time management, resume development, emotional intelligence, Microsoft Suite, business etiquette, attention to detail, initiative, and teamwork and collaboration. As a member of the Work Study Program team, the position also involves supporting the daily operational needs of the Work Study program including coaching and professional development of students and event planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach the Business Literacy Course
- Collaborate with Work-Study team, Job Partners and Faculty to further develop the Business Literacy Curriculum
- Plan and implement rigorous, engaging, high-impact lessons that accelerate student growth and differentiate for the needs of individual students.
- Assist with the content development and execution of Business Bootcamp.
- Communicate regularly with parents/families to share academic progress and develop a supportive home-school relationship.
- Support the daily operational needs of the Work Study Program (student training, student support, supervisor support).
- Manage student work team at Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School and serve as troubleshooter and support to CRPHS supervisors.
- Additional Duties as assigned.
Successful applicants will embody the mission-commitment, openness to growth, dedication, drive, flexibility, creativity, love, joy, and resilience that are central to the character of our staff. In addition they will meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Post college professional experience in a business setting
- Teaching experience
- Superior communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Interpersonal skills to relate with Job Partners, students, parents, staff, and administration.
- Competency in designing and implementing curricula to serve a heterogeneous student population diverse in culture, religion, and ability.
- Proficiency in using technology in the classroom to enhance student learning (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases, online textbooks, and educational websites).
- Complete Virtus training and pass a background check.
The Ideal Candidate:
Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School is seeking dedicated, intellectually curious and mission-driven educators who are open to growth, committed to equity and inclusion, and who reflect and/or celebrate our rich cultural diversity. As part of the team, they will have an opportunity to continue to develop one of Philadelphia’s most promising educational options for young people.
The Business Literacy Teacher is a 12-month role and reports to the Vice President, Work Study Program.
Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required such as:
- Functioning in classroom space – walking, sitting, standing, reaching;
- Must be able to sit for up to two hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard/mouse and typing;
- Must be able to stand for up to two hours instructing a classroom of learners;
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs on a frequent basis.
To apply for the Business Literacy position at Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School, please submit a PDF of the following documents in an email to email@example.com:
- Resume or CV;
- Cover letter expressing interest in this position;
- Three references including name, title, relationship to applicant, phone number, and email address of each;
Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School is an equal-opportunity employer with excellent benefits and a mission-driven culture that values community and initiative. Salary is commensurate with experience.
NOTICE TO APPLICANT: COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School requires that all eligible employees and volunteers receive vaccination of COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to lawful exemptions.