About Belmont Charter Network
What makes us unique? Belmont Charter Network equips students with the knowledge and skills to succeed wherever their talents, diligence, and heart take them. Serving as a network of community schools, we strive to ensure that each child is healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged. We believe that teaching and learning should be joyful!
Are you ready to create an impact and celebrate your students’ successes? If you are interested in showing what is POSSIBLE, apply today!
The College & Career Readiness Counselor is responsible for assisting students in understanding their choices for post-secondary education and career training; providing information and/or direction to students, parents, teachers, and administrators about career and educational services available to eligible students; developing and monitoring of program data and reports; and working alongside of the Director of College & Career Services in promoting programs with students, staff and parents that create awareness and support student aspirations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with students, teachers and administration to carry out BCHS’s overall mission of ensuring every student graduates college and/or career ready.
- Assist in developing Individualized Career Plans (ICP) for students in collaboration with administration, advisors, students and parents.
- Work with the Director of College & Career Services to coordinate a variety of events and programs (e.g. student assessments, career expeditions, classroom presentations, career fairs/events; college visits; field trips, student placement and follow up, teacher and counselor PD’s, etc.) for the purpose of supporting the smooth transition from middle school to high school to post-secondary training and/or employment.
- Develop curriculum and teach a Career Exploration elective class
- Guide students in course selection, credit recovery and graduation progress.
- Work with students and parents to ensure students are on track with Belmont’s Graduation Project requirements.
- Perform School Recruitment Task, as needed
- Assist students in working with the Naviance Career Planning web-based program
- Serve as a resource for students, teachers and advisors in the area of college and career readiness
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Experience working with high school students in a college/career counseling setting preferred
- Experience in making presentations and/or teaching before groups, specifically teaching career awareness workshops and classes preferred
- Experience managing data, using data systems and reporting data preferred
- Current Satisfactory Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151), an acceptable Criminal Record Check from the Pennsylvania State Police (Act 34), and FBI criminal background check REQUIRED.
School TypePublic Charter