About Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School
Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School, a college preparatory, Catholic school for students of all faiths, nurtures and challenges young people to recognize and realize their full potential as they learn to love others, grow in their faiths, and serve the common good. Founded in 2012 and based in a beautiful campus in the Tioga neighborhood of Philadelphia, the school serves over 525 students in grades 9-12 from across the city of Philadelphia as well as Camden.
Each student participates in the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP), an integral part of the Cristo Rey model in which every student works one day a week throughout their four years at the school. While their students are at work, teachers use the time for lesson planning and preparation, student support meetings, and collaboration.
Service Corps Positions Open in the Following Departments: Academics, Admissions, Student Life, Work-Study
Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School is re-introducing the Cristo Rey Philadelphia Service Corps that begins in the summer of 2023. Corps members of this educational immersion program will commit to a year of service to bring about the school’s mission of providing a college prep education to students with limited financial resources. The program aims to attract individuals who are interested in learning how to teach, work, and serve in an urban school setting. Corps members will serve in a number of roles both in and out of the classroom. Members will receive extensive professional support, coaching, and development as they work in a collaborative and reflective environment. Core member development will include structured community building, and opportunities for intentional reflection. Additionally, members will receive generous stipends, as well as housing provided by Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan for instruction of or support within assigned courses in content area.
- Set high expectations for student development and provide high support.
- Identify and remediate subject matter in which students require additional support.
- Participate in grade-level meetings to coordinate curriculum across the content area and better understand student needs.
- Communicate regularly with parents/families to share academic progress and develop a supportive home-school relationship.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure student success.
Student Life Responsibilities
- Support programming within Athletics, Campus Ministry, Student Engagement, and clubs, including but not limited to game operations, retreats, and club events.
- Support planning and implementation of Cristo Rey’s school-wide House Program and House Leadership training.
- Participate in planning and implementation of weekly Grad @ Grad programming. Primary roles include handling logistics and communication.
- Support all other student activities within Student Life.
- Support prospective students and families throughout the admissions process
- Coordinate with the Admissions Team Open Houses and Admissions Events
- Assist and manage paperwork related to incoming applications
- Work collaboratively with Work Study team members, Deans and Counseling department as needed to support students in the workplace.
- Facilitate and walk students and parents through any job onboarding requirements required by our corporate sponsors.
- Serve as an advisor and professional coach to a cohort of students; help them to navigate their developmental journey during their time at Cristo Rey.
- Manage a portfolio of non-profit job partner accounts and serve as the liaison between the organization and the student team.
- Provide daily support for morning and afternoon student transit.
- Work with team to develop, plan and execute engagement initiatives and special events.
- Support logistics of work study operations
- Organize work assignments and responsibilities for Cristo Rey student-workers
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above preferred
Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required such as:
- Functioning in classroom space – walking, sitting, standing, reaching;
- Must be able to sit for up to two hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard/mouse and typing;
- Must be able to stand for up to two hours instructing a classroom of learners;
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs on a frequent basis.
To apply for the Director of Student Engagement position at Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School, please submit a PDF of the following documents in an email to email@example.com:
- Resume or CV;
- Cover letter expressing interest in this position;
- Three references including name, title, relationship to applicant, phone number, and email address of each;
- Response to the following prompts:
- Describe your philosophy of education and explain how you hope to put it into practice as a member of the Cristo Rey Philadelphia team. (Maximum Response-500 words)
- Over the past ten years we have assembled a team of experienced educators who maintain high expectations for our students and work tirelessly to support each student’s learning, growth, and development. We have built a mission-driven culture that is open to growth, dedicated, driven, flexible, creative, loving, joyful, and resilient. Our team is comprised of individuals who are not afraid to fail and who dare to dream big. We push ourselves to be constantly learning, reflecting, creating and developing. We challenge our students and ourselves to believe, to dream, to lead, and to serve. Why should you be part of this team? (Maximum Response: 500 Words)
Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School is an equal-opportunity employer with excellent benefits and a mission-driven culture that values community and initiative. Salary is commensurate with experience.
NOTICE TO APPLICANT: COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School requires that all eligible employees and volunteers receive vaccination of COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to lawful exemptions.