About Philadelphia Performing Arts: A String Theory Charter School
We believe every student is gifted and has specific intelligences that must be nurtured. Providing students with equal opportunity for learning and discovery and development of their innate potentials, through String Theory Schools’ unique and rigorous curriculum blending academic and artistic excellence, we enable our students to become the next generation of creative leaders.
Philadelphia Performing Arts: A String Theory Charter School seeks a full-time Health/ PE teacher to join the teaching team at the Vine Street Campus (1600 Vine Street). At Vine Street, students in grades 6-12 engage in a unique educational environment designed to grow the next generation of creative leaders, and where students focus on the arts and sciences as major subjects alongside a technology-infused, project-based, standards- and competency-driven academic curriculum. Our teachers are creative, passionate, professional educators that believe every student has specific intelligences that must be nurtured and that all students should have an equal opportunity to achieve their own innate potential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with students and staff, as well as the
community, parents/guardians/families, and advocates.
● Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of existing behavior management strategies
and programs; make recommendations for improvement, as necessary, to Chief of
Climate and Culture.
● Assist with the Chief of Climate and Culture on gathering data and using this data to
propose solutions/resolutions to issues and evaluate the effectiveness of
systems/protocols put in place.
● Support teachers to reinforce a school culture of high behavioral expectations that
enables a consistent focus on academic results.
● Maintain a calming space for students to de-escalate and reflect following conflicts.
● Develop interventions for students, in tandem with the Chief Climate and Culture
Officer, parents, counselors, special education, who do not adhere to the school’s
vision for culture.
● Encourage parental involvement in the pursuit of student achievement and a positive
● Work collaboratively with the Chief Climate and Culture Officer, counseling team, and
teachers to plan individual school and/or system-wide programs to promote a
positive and caring school culture for students and teachers.
Please visit our website at www.stringtheoryschools.org/join-our-team to learn about the
application process. Send all required materials to email@example.com.
● PA Certification teacher (Middle or High School) or counselor
● Minimum four years’ teaching and/or counseling experience; ideally in a
high-performing, urban school setting
● Experience working with discipline, truancy, and classroom management
● Ability to build relationships, manage people, and solve issues in a complex and
fast paced environment
● Criminal history, child abuse and FBI clearances (Acts 34, 151 and FBI)
String Theory Schools Dean of Students candidates…
● have the ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders to achieve ambitious goals
● are undaunted by urban challenges and dynamic change
● receive feedback and constructive criticism with grace
● are exceptional leaders with organization and strategic planning skills
● not only think outside the box, but can find compelling reasons why the box isn’t
Job FunctionAdministrative Support
School TypePublic Charter