About Philadelphia Hebrew Public Charter School
Hebrew Public Charter Schools for Global Citizens. Hebrew Public is a national network of diverse-by-design public charter schools that teach children of all backgrounds to become productive global citizens. Our schools are models of racial and economic integration, academic excellence, and foreign language learning.
Hebrew Public’s network currently contains thirteen schools in four states and the District of Columbia, serving more than 2,500 students. In New York City, we serve as the Charter Management Organization for schools in Brooklyn and Harlem.
The network’s first school in Philadelphia, Philadelphia Hebrew Public, opened in 2019, serving 156 students in kindergarten and 1st grade. The school will expand to 4th grade in 2022-23 and will add a grade level each year until it ultimately serves grades K to 8 in the 2026-27 school year. PHP provides students with a sophisticated core curriculum in English Language Arts, mathematics, Modern Hebrew, the sciences, social studies, art, music, and physical education.
Join a remarkable community of educators and social changemakers who are passionate about meaningful integration and global education and are relentlessly committed to ensuring students from all backgrounds attain high levels of academic achievement. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it. We are seeking an operational mastermind to play a critical role in leading and supporting Philadelphia Hebrew Public with operational excellence in pursuit of our bold vision.
The successful candidate will possess a track record of complex project management, people management, and systems thinking. Most importantly, the Director of Operations needs to have an unwavering commitment to creating the conditions teachers and staff need to thrive. Reporting to the Executive Director with matrixed reporting to the Head of School, the Director of Operations will be an integral member of the school’s Leadership Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the school operations team members (both full-time staff and contracted services), including professional development
- Design daily systems and procedures to ensure seamless execution of all school operations, including, parent communication, student transportation, data reporting, attendance, school food, school safety plans and facilities management
- Track compliance and oversee reporting to the PA Department of Education
- Train school staff on daily procedures by ensuring operational systems are implemented with fidelity by all staff members and by giving feedback to stakeholders when systems are not meeting school needs
- Partner with experts to review policies and procedures and train team on school safety including mandated and recommended safety drills
- Use an operational lens and expertise to develop long-term operational strategy and carry out the leadership team’s school goals and vision
- Steward strong connections with the Instructional Leadership team to ensure academic operations are carefully planned and executed in service of student learning and outcomes
School Systems & Facilities Management
- Ensure that the campus is equipped for start-up/new school year by ordering furniture, equipment, and classroom supplies
- Oversee the administration of substitute teacher and coverage deployment
- Manage testing coordination for all major school-based assessments
- Ensure the timely production of student Report Cards
- Ensure the timely implementation of all items on the school’s annual calendar
- Ensure the maintenance of facilities by managing custodial personnel and third-party contracts and landlord for trash removal, recycling, and security
- Manage the school’s supply and asset inventory
- Manage the school’s food and transportation services by coordinating with service providers
Student and Family Engagement
- Model a customer-service orientation to all team members to drive positive engagement and experience with students, families, and community members
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders (families, staff, students, Charter School Office, vendors, organizational partners, and Hebrew Public network team)
- Manage the enrollment cycle at the school, including student recruitment, lottery management, wait-list management and family/student orientations
- Partner with network to lead recruitment including external and school-based to maintain a fully enrolled school community
- Partner with Executive Director to develop strong family communications
Finance, Procurement and Technology
- Support in stewardship of annual school budget and track expenditures in conjunction with the school’s business manager and in accordance with the Financial Policies & Procedures
- Supervise procurement process, including working with the Hebrew Public team on vendor selection and contracts as needed
- Oversee on-site technology activities in alignment with school’s operational goals and budget
- Attention to detail: Thinks critically about the details of a task at hand
- Flexibility: Ability to adjust expected tasks and schedule to the updated priorities
- Independence: Can work independently, be assertive, and make thoughtful decisions about projects
- Collaborative: Works with teammates and is responsive to feedback. Willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be innovative and support the organization
- Have a Bachelor’s degreeand 6 years of related work experience
- Demonstrated experience leading operational teams
- Have exceptional communication skills – verbal and written
- Prior charter school experience required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY:
To be considered, interested applicants must submit a resume and detailed cover letter through our website: https://hebrewpublic.org/careers-at-hebrew-public/.
Hebrew Public is committed to building a diverse staff team that reflects the communities we serve and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
School TypePublic Charter