About Springside Chestnut Hill Academy
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (SCH) is an independent school offering a rigorous college preparatory program that delivers an unparalleled academic experience
The Strings Instructor position is responsible for early string education to ages 8-12 via group instruction in Violin, Viola, Cello, and Bass. The teacher is responsible for maintaining gradebooks, and family communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Essential Functions
- Music Instruction:
- Teaches early string technique and ensemble skills in a group setting.
- Organizes and conducts string ensembles in performances for the community demonstrating work, technique, skills and artistry accomplished.
- Works with Arts Coordinator to organize performance details.
- Teaches music theory, ensemble playing, and appreciation as a part of a lower school general music class.
- Responsible for writing comments, maintaining gradebooks, and ePortfolios.
- Repair/assess instruments as needed.
- Attend departmental and program meetings when necessary
- Family Partnerships:
- Act as liaison between parents and school.
III. Any Other Duties Assigned by Division Heads.
- Essential Functions
● BA in Music or Music Education w/ String Pedagogy Background.
● Demonstrated successful experience of early strings education and working effectively with children and families.
● Must possess a strong commitment to collaboration and effective teamwork within the organization.
● Must be able to communicate effectively with children and families and school communities.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
● Ability to develop and present ideas to benefit the string department
● Work well under pressure while maintaining professional demeanor
● Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility
● Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse backgrounds of community members with a continuous focus on healthy relationship building..
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
● Be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
● Regularly use close and distance vision
● Turn, bend, reach, and occasionally climb
● Work in a traditional climate controlled classroom environment with moderate noise level
Please write a letter of interest highlighting why you are interested in the role and the value you would bring to the position. Please send the letter to email@example.com
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer