About Esperanza Academy Charter School
Esperanza means hope. Esperanza Academy Charter School (EACS) is located in the Hunting Park section of North Philadelphia and prides itself on serving the students in the community in which it is located. During the 2022-2023 school year, Esperanza Academy will serve grades: K, 1, 4, 5, and 6-12. Esperanza Academy believes that education can be a vehicle for social and economic progress for marginalized communities. As a result, we are relentless in our pursuit to provide our students with the best educational option in the Philadelphia area.
Our proven track record of academic success with historically underserved students sets us apart. The Academy has 11th-grade test scores above the city of Philadelphia average and value-added math and reading proficiency growth is among the highest in Pennsylvania. Students graduate at a rate exceeding 90% and drop out at a rate of only 1%. For seven out of eight years our high school has been ranked as one of the Best High Schools in the country.
Esperanza Academy Charter School is currently accepting applications for potential Elementary Grades Special Education Teachers for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year.
Duties and Responsibilities
Esperanza Academy is a safe, structured, and supportive environment in which to teach. Esperanza Academy teachers:
- Are mission-minded leaders both inside and outside the classroom.
- Understand that building strong relationships is critical to student achievement.
- Are student-centered, data-driven, and set a high standard for themselves and their students.
- Are focused on student achievement and are committed to tailoring curriculum and instruction to the needs of our student body.
- Are collaborative team players who believe that they can move ALL students forward.
- A passion for education and a belief that your zip code does not dictate your destiny.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required. (Official transcripts showing degree conferred are required prior to the starting date of employment.)
- Certification: Certification: Applicants interested in this opportunity should have one of the following PA teacher certifications prior to their start date.
|Subject Area||Subject Code|
|Special Education PK-12||9231|
|Special Education PK-8||9226|
- Clearances: All applicants must have current FBI, PA Criminal, and Child Abuse background checks. For more information regarding required clearances click here.
- Spanish fluency is preferred but not required.
To learn more about Esperanza Academy, please visit our website at https://www.esperanzaacademycs.org or follow us on our social media accounts. We can be found on Facebook or Instagram.
Interested applicants should email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email, include the role you are applying for to support the talent team in the screening process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Esperanza Academy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
School TypePublic Charter