About Philadelphia Charter School for Arts & Sciences
String Theory Schools
Growing the Next Generation of Creative Leaders
As a non-profit education design and management organization, we have committed ourselves to bringing the arts and innovation to the children of Philadelphia.
Our first school opened in the Fall of 2000 with the goal of offering students an arts immersive curriculum that would allow them to thrive academically and artistically. After a successful twelve years of growth, String Theory Schools was created to bring the mission of our original charter to more students and their families in Philadelphia. Today, String Theory Schools operates two charter schools that offer students a comprehensive educational program that emphasizes equally academic and artistic excellence. We are passionate about honoring each student as an individual and educating all students so that they reach their highest potentials.
Philadelphia Performing Arts: K-12 Charter School, Three Campuses: East Campus (K-1), West Campus (2-5), Vine Street Campus (6-12)
The Philadelphia Charter School for Arts and Sciences: K-8 Neighborhood Charter School
- To Educate each student according to age and development so that learning and growth are united.
- To Integrate the developing mind and body of the student with academics and the performing arts and sciences.
- To Ensure each student’s excellence in core and academic skills.
- To Awaken and preserve the spirit of our students through the visual and digital arts, vocal arts, instrumental music, creative writing, classical ballet, foreign language, innovations in the field of science, all intertwined with technology, and;
- To Nourish this spirit and curiosity so that students continue to flourish long after the end of formal training.
Elementary School Teachers- 4th Grade ELA
The Philadelphia Charter School for Arts & Sciences seeks a full-time teacher to join the
Elementary team at our neighborhood campus located at 1197 Haworth St. At Arts &
Sciences, students in grades K-8 engage in a unique educational program designed to grow
the next generation of creative leaders, and where students focus on the arts and sciences
as major subjects alongside a technology-infused, standards-driven academic curriculum.
Our teachers are creative, passionate, professional educators that believe every student has
specific intelligences that must be nurtured and that all students should have an equal
opportunity to achieve their own innate potential.
Duties and Responsibilities
String Theory Schools teaching candidates…
● are passionate about creative arts and sciences
● are undaunted by urban challenges and dynamic change
● value multi-disciplinary collaboration
● know technology can transform learning experiences
● apply feedback and constructive criticism with grace
● understand that hard work and fun are not mutually exclusive
● accept responsibility for student growth
● not only think outside the box, but can find compelling reasons why the box isn’t
● Develop vigorous plans, projects, assignments, and assessments.
● Collaborate with grade level teachers to refine and implement high-quality curriculum
aligned to standards.
● Build relationships with students and families through thoughtful and frequent
● Experience working in diverse settings and/or commitment to improving one’s own
● Ability to use or willingness to learn technology integration to improve teaching and
● Ability to effectively manage a classroom where inquiry, differentiation, and authentic
learning are high values.
● Analyze and regularly use both qualitative and quantitative data to inform your
● Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree
● PA Certification in Elementary K-6
● Criminal history, child abuse and FBI clearances (Acts 34, 151 and FBI)
● Access to consistent coaching in instruction and technology integration
● Access to best-in-class technology resources and a physical framework designed with
innovative learning in mind
● Excellent health benefits (for both you and your family), retirement benefits, and
Please visit our website at www.stringtheoryschools.org/join-our-team to learn about the
application process. Send all required materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
School TypePublic Charter