About American Paradigm Schools - First Philadelphia Prep
American Paradigm Schools is a non-profit, education management organization that supports and serves four charter schools in North and Northeast Philadelphia. The mission of American Paradigm Schools is to develop, manage, and support diverse school communities, who are grounded in literacy to produce academic excellence and expand opportunities for all students. Our vision is world class schools in diverse communities.
The teacher is responsible for creating resources for our curriculum and aligning our curriculum with the PSSA Assessment Anchors. A teacher also works as part of a grade level team to coordinate school wide efforts in order to meet the goals of the school in service to the scholars.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Make a scope and sequence that aligns with the PSSA Assessment Anchors
- Create weekly lesson plans aligned to state standards and current curriculum in coordination with APS
- Grade and provide timely feedback to students
- Communicate with team about school-wide and grade expectations
- Communicate with families about their child’s progress
- Coordination with ESL teacher
- Coordination with special education teacher
- Building and maintaining positive relations with students.
- Attend after school hour events as needed
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the students
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Customer and Personal Service
- Education and Training
- Computers and Electronics
- Public Safety and Security
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Social Perceptiveness
- Complex Problem Solving
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Systems Analysis and evaluation
- Google Suite for Education
- Student Information System
- Student Intervention Programs
- Document Camera
- Projector, laptop, copier
Education and certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- PA Certification
- Lifting 20-25 Lbs.
- Moving Up and Down from a seated position
- Walking up and down stairs
American Paradigm Schools are Caring School Communities.
Relationships are the foundation of classroom and school life and underpin teaching, learning, and prosocial development. Building relationships and fostering students’ sense of community are a critical part of our work at APS and as such, we have partnered with the Collaborative Classroom to implement the Caring School Community Model in all of our schools.
Caring School Community model builds positive classroom and schoolwide communities while developing students’ social and emotional learning (SEL) skills and competencies. It is designed to help students become caring, responsible members of their school communities and, ultimately, to grow into humane, principled, and skilled citizens of a democratic society. The lessons in the program help faculty and staff create a warm, safe, and disciplined school environment where all community members can develop the skills and dispositions they need to interact constructively with others.
All employees at American Paradigm Schools are expected to be true champions of the Caring School Community Program.
School TypePublic Charter