About Independence Mission Schools (IMS)
About IMS: Independence Mission Schools (IMS) educate students of all faiths living throughout Philadelphia. Our inspiring new network of 15 schools blends the best of Catholic education with innovative teaching strategies designed to meet the unique learning needs of all students.
Since our inception in 2012, our enrollment has grown over 20%, our students are outperforming 80% of their neighboring public and charter schools in Reading, and we have received increasing recognition as a network that successfully integrates faith, character, and academics to create warm, energizing schools that are sustainable for students, staff, and community. Ultimately, IMS recognizes that our students are on track to make their own choices in pursuit of college and career opportunities because they are on grade level academically and enrolled in a high-quality high school.
Perks of IMS: Teachers at IMS enjoy ongoing development through coaching, mentorship, and professional development and a benefits package that matches 403b contributions, provides low-cost healthcare, and guarantees paid sick time and personal time.
St. Thomas Aquinas, an Independence Mission School, is currently seeking candidates for an open Grade 4 Teacher position for the 2022-2023 school year.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Believe in the mission and vision of IMS and are excited about working in diverse communities
- Model outstanding character traits according to the ethics, values, and philosophy of the Catholic teachings, and exhibit these traits through a positive classroom atmosphere
- Model a growth mindset for themselves and others and demonstrate this growth mindset through enthusiastic application of new learning and feedback
- Hold themselves highly-accountable for their work and demonstrate a commitment to accomplish ambitious goals
- Set high behavioral and academic expectations for all students
- Are experts in their content areas and understand their content’s Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
- Understand data-driven instruction and other best instructional practices to ensure aligned, effective learning experiences
- Believe in the power of collaboration and work well with a team of subject and grade level colleagues to integrate cross-curricular instruction and real-world problem solving skills across all classrooms
- Lend their skills and interests to coaching and moderating extra-curricular activities
- Communicate effectively with families, peers, and leadership to build a strong classroom community
- Plan meticulously and remain highly-organized to ensure every student has an excellent learning experience
- Perform other duties as needed or as assigned
- Experience teaching diverse learners and differentiating instruction (preferred)
- A track record of leading students to successfully achieve those expectations (preferred)
- Experience working with children and communities in an urban setting (preferred)
Certification, Degrees, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Pennsylvania Instructional Certificate (preferred)
- Clearance on all required background checks (required)
Note: A teaching certification is preferred but is not required. If you have content expertise in math or science we encourage you to apply!
EOE: IMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates staff diversity. We strive to be and build a diverse team that is representative of our students and the communities in which we serve. If you identify as an individual of color, we highly encourage you to apply!
Want to learn more about IMS and our school locations? Please visit: https://independencemissionschools.org/schools/
Perks of IMS: Teachers at IMS enjoy ongoing development through coaching, mentorship, and professional development and a benefits package that matches 403b contributions, provides low-cost healthcare, and guarantees paid sick time and personal time. Learn more here.
|Primary Location||St. Thomas Aquinas|
|Salary Range||$40,800.00 / Per Year|