About Southwest CDC
Since 1987, Southwest CDC strives to offer compassionate care to improve the quality of life for the people who come through our doors. We make a difference to more than 2,500 households each year.
Southwest CDC will host several cohorts in McDaniel School which will support the School District of Philadelphia’s extended school year learning process by providing 6 weeks of academic support and extracurricular activities for rising 1st – 8th grade students in Philadelphia during the summer of 2021. Southwest CDC is required to deliver 7.5 hours of services per day (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), Monday through Friday. This position begins June 21, 2021 and will end August 6, 2021. It is possible that the position will not be continued beyond August 6th.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide programming for students after conclusion of instructional programming until 4:30
• Facilitate sign-in upon arrival in the morning
• Facilitate brain break rotation in daily schedule for assigned cohorts of students.
• As needed, support with conflict resolution and problem solving for students during and after the instructional program
• Communicate OST supervisors and district staff as appropriate to ensure continuity of support for students during and after the instructional program.
• Coordinate with school nurse regarding any health needs for students in the afternoon, on Fridays and for the final week of programming
• Facilitate digital enrichment activities in the case of closure
• Ensure all health and safety protocols are followed during afternoon enrichment and programming
• Prepare materials, supplies, and equipment for after school enrichment focused on Art and Athletics
• Ensure all materials used for afterschool enrichment are sanitized and/or prepare single use materials as appropriate
§ High school diploma or higher.
§ Must have all clearances (NSOR, PA Child abuse, FBI, and PA Criminal History)
§ Must have the ability to work well with children.
§ Must be able to stand for up to 3 hours at a time.
§ Must be able to carry heavy supplies (up to 15 lbs).
The Group Leader is a full-time, non-exempt position. The operational hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This position requires that the Group Leader stay with children until they are picked up by guardians, even if they are not there by 4:30 p.m.
Pay: $15.00 per hour.