About Education Works
EducationWorks is a nonprofit organization that provides academic support, career readiness, and enrichment programming throughout Greater Philadelphia. In the engage vertical, EducationWorks provides academic support, career readiness and enrichment programming throughout Greater Philadelphia. By focusing on topics like literacy, Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics (STEAM), and social emotional learning, we are equipping approximately 12,000 students annually with the tools needed to be successful in school and life. In the re-engage vertical, we focus on experiential, on-the-job training, shadowing and career exploration. EducationWorks creates Opportunities for Learning and Skills for Life.
The Group Supervisor will be responsible for providing direct education service to children in summer programs, participating in planning activities, and completing necessary paperwork. The primary responsibilities of the Group Supervisor include student safety, support in classrooms when needed, assisting with attendance, snack distribution, and site setup and breakdown. Our OST programs are licensed through the Department of Human Services (DHS) and follow the staffing requirements set forth by DHS. The Group Supervisor reports to the Site Coordinator. Pay is $17 per hour. Summer employment can lead to full-year employment. Multiple positions available.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with recruitment and enrollment of students into the program
- Plan activities according to content area, with other staff
- Take leadership in planning service activities with students
- Implement activities according to schedules and lesson plans
- Take attendance, assist with the sign-in/sign-out process, and manage required paperwork as directed
- Supervise and direct students according to school site and EW rules and guidance
- Ensure that youth are safe at all times
- Attend professional development and required trainings
- Be familiar with and strive to be in compliance with the School Standards for Youth Programs
- Other duties as assigned
- AA Degree in Early Childhood Education
- 2 years experience