About Belmont Charter Network
What makes us unique? Belmont Charter Network equips students with the knowledge and skills to succeed wherever their talents, diligence, and heart take them. Serving as a network of community schools, we strive to ensure that each child is healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged. We believe that teaching and learning should be joyful!
Are you ready to create an impact and celebrate your students’ successes? If you are interested in showing what is POSSIBLE, apply today!
Belmont Charter High School seeks an educator who is passionate about their content-area, committed to closing the achievement gap, and willing to do whatever it takes to see our students to graduation. Across our network, our educators are deeply passionate about teaching and put their heart and soul into every lesson. They have a hunger for feedback and a desire to engage in an ongoing cycle of reflection and growth. They embrace a restorative approach to discipline, and value relationships with students, families and community partners. Above all, our educators understand the challenges of urban education and work tirelessly to address academic and social-emotional barriers to student success.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Participate in department, school, district and parent meetings.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
Qualifications & Requirements
- B.A./B.S. degree from accredited institution;
- 2-4 years of classroom experience, preferably in urban education;
- Valid and active Pennsylvania Instructional Certificate;
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Check Clearance (Act 34)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Record Check Clearance (Act 114)
- Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Clearance (Act 168)
School TypePublic Charter