About Philadelphia Youth Basketball
Philadelphia Youth Basketball, Inc. (PYB), a non-profit enterprise, is seeking to hire summer “Multi-Site Coordinators” to add real value to PYB’s Summer Camp Series. As a non-profit with a strong desire to generate scalable social impact, PYB relies heavily on the skills and passions of professionals of all ages who are able to provide expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Our Multi-Site Coordinators will be critical to our success in engaging and supporting staff and young people participating in our summer program.
PYB’s 2021 Summer Camp Series will be a mix of half-day, school-based and full-day, week-long camps offered to boys and girls entering grades 3-8 throughout the Greater Philadelphia Region. The camps will be hosted on various sites including local schools, churches and private facilities. Each camp day will include basketball skill-building and game-play, an hour of academic enrichment, positive coaching and mentorship, and a healthy breakfast and lunch.
Duties and Responsibilities
This hands-on leadership opportunity provides youth with a chance to gain valuable work experience, professional skills, and work with children in their community. Junior Coaches will report to the PYB’s Head Coach-Mentor and Assistant Coach-Mentor at their assigned site.
June 2021 to August 2021
- Passion for PYB’s mission, the youth we serve, and the surrounding communities
- General understanding of the game of basketball
- Commitment to positive coaching and mentorship
- Interest in youth development and community empowerment
- Strong work ethic and ability to be self-motivated
- Punctuality and dependability – arriving late and unexcused absences will not be permitted
- Prideful attention to detail
- Ability to drive or arrange for your own transportation to your assigned site