About Esperanza Academy Charter School
Esperanza means hope. Esperanza Academy Charter School (EACS) is located in the Hunting
Park section of North Philadelphia and prides itself on serving the students in the community
in which it is located. During the 2022-2023 school year, Esperanza Academy will serve
grades: K, 1, 4, 5, and 6-12. Esperanza Academy believes that education can be a vehicle
for social and economic progress for marginalized communities. As a result, we are
relentless in our pursuit to provide our students with the best educational option in the
Our proven track record of academic success with historically underserved students sets us
apart. The Academy has 11th-grade test scores above the city of Philadelphia average and
value-added math and reading proficiency growth is among the highest in Pennsylvania.
Students graduate at a rate exceeding 90% and drop out at a rate of only 1%. For seven
out of eight years our high school has been ranked as one of the Best High Schools in the
Esperanza Academy Charter School is currently seeking full-time and part-time Content
Area Teachers across all grades for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year. Esperanza
Academy is reimagining education for children in the city of Philadelphia! We are dedicated
to the development of our teachers and to instilling joy in the learning process.
Duties and Responsibilities
Esperanza Academy is a safe, structured, and supportive environment in which to teach.
Esperanza Academy teachers:
● Are mission-minded leaders both inside and outside the classroom.
● Understand that building strong relationships is critical to student achievement.
● Are student-centered, data-driven, and set a high standard for themselves and their
● Are focused on student achievement and are committed to tailoring curriculum and
instruction to the needs of our student body.
● Are collaborative team players who believe that they can move ALL students forward.
● Math Teachers (6-12)
● Special Education Teachers (6-12)
● English Language Development Teachers (K-12)
● English Language Development Paraprofessionals (9-12)
● Science Teachers (6-12): Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Physical Science, General
● English Language Arts Teachers (6-12)
● PT Computer Science Teacher (9-12)
● PT Arts Teacher (K-5)
● PT Spanish Teacher (K-5)
● Technology Teacher (6-8)
● A passion for education and a belief that your zip code does not dictate your destiny.
● A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required. (Official
transcripts showing the degree conferred are required before the starting date of
● Certification: Applicants interested in this opportunity a valid PA teacher certification
before their start date or relevant K-12 teaching experience.
● Clearances: All applicants must have current FBI, PA Criminal, and Child Abuse
background checks. For more information regarding required. clearances please visit
the Pennsylvania Department of Education website.
● Spanish fluency is preferred but not required with the exception of Spanish teachers.
- TO APPLY
Interested applicants should email their resumes to email@example.com. In the subject
line of your email, include the role you are applying for to support the talent team in the
School TypePublic Charter