About Springside Chestnut Hill Academy
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (SCH) is an independent school offering a rigorous college preparatory program that delivers an unparalleled academic experience
The LSB Fourth Grade Maternity Leave Replacement supports the Head of Lower School, faculty, and students to ensure that we are living our mission and values on a daily basis through the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Student Instruction:
- Teaches students reading, writing, grammar, cursive, math, social studies, social-emotional learning, etc. through specified curricula.
- Follows, adapts, and develops curricula as appropriate.
- Evaluates and tracks student progress through multiple measures.
- Tailors instruction to meet the needs of students.
- Creates a positive and inclusive learning environment for all students.
- Manages student behavior through effective classroom management techniques.
- Assesses and responds to social and emotional needs of students throughout the day.
- Family Partnerships:
- Creates positive, meaningful relationships with families through weekly communication.
- Writes a spring narrative report and skills checklist.
III. Professional Conduct:
- Builds and maintains collaborative working relationships with colleagues and administration.
- Contributes positively to the culture of the division.
- Demonstrates a commitment to professional growth.
- Any Other Duties Assigned by Head of Lower School
- Master’s Degree in Elementary Education or related field, preferred.
- A minimum of three years of working with elementary-aged students, preferred.
- Excellent communication, both oral and written.
- Knowledge of content, curriculum, methods, and materials for elementary education.
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse backgrounds of community members with a continuous focus on healthy relationship building.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of cultural competency skills and enthusiasm for issues of diversity, inclusivity, and multiculturalism.
- Continued engagement in professional learning experiences through conferences, presentations, and/or workshops.
- Proficient with GSuite and Smart Notebook.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Regularly use close and distance vision.
- Able to move around a classroom and other school environments.
- Work in a traditional climate-controlled classroom environment with moderate noise level.
Interested candidates, please email a cover letter, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and contact
information for three references to email@example.com.
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.