About Springside Chestnut Hill Academy
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (SCH) is an independent school offering a rigorous college preparatory program that delivers an unparalleled academic experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
A Lower School Assistant Teacher supports the Head of Lower School, faculty, and students to ensure that we
are living our mission and values on a daily basis through the following:
- At the direction of the homeroom teacher, teaches or assists with academic and social skills.
- Prepares materials and classroom environment as directed by the lead teacher.
- Assists with and participates in all classroom activities including but not limited to arrival, dismissal, snack and mealtimes, recess, and choice time.
- Supports rules of conduct and creates a warm and welcoming learning environment.
- Maintains order in the classroom and throughout common areas of the campus, including the playground.
- May counsel pupils when adjustment and academic problems arise.
- Discusses pupils’ academic and behavioral attitudes and achievements with the lead classroom teacher and may participate in parent conferences.
- Assists with classroom record-keeping and home communication.
- Collaborates with the classroom teacher and all departments and offices as required or requested.
- Assists with the integration of technology in student learning experiences.
- Assists with the administration of appropriate assessments and records results.
- Builds and maintains collaborative working relationships with colleagues and administration.
- Contributes positively to the culture of the division.
- Demonstrates a commitment to professional growth.
III. Any Other Duties Assigned by Head of Lower School
- At minimum, a bachelor’s degree in education, early childhood education, or the equivalent.
- At least two years of experience working with young children.
- Excellent communication, both oral and written.
- Comfortable with a team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious, and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse backgrounds of community members with a continuous focus on healthy relationship building.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of cultural competency skills and enthusiasm for issues of diversity, inclusivity, and multiculturalism.
- Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children.
- Ability to exercise control and maintain classroom discipline.
- Proficient with GSuite.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Regularly use close and distance vision.
- Able to move around a classroom and other school environments.
Interested candidates, please e-mail a cover letter, resume, statement of education philosophy, and contact information for three references to email@example.com.
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.