About Springside Chestnut Hill Academy
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (SCH) is an independent school offering a rigorous college preparatory program that delivers an unparalleled academic experience.
Position Title: Assistant Teacher, Lower School (Pre-K placement)
Position Status: Full-time
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports To: Head of Lower School
The Lower School Assistant Teacher supports the Head of Lower School, faculty, and students to ensure that we are living our mission and values on a daily basis through the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
I. Student Instruction:
● Assists with and participates in all classroom activities including but not limited to arrival, dismissal, snack and mealtimes, recess, and choice time.
● At the direction of the homeroom teacher, teaches or assists with academic and social skills.
● Supports rules of conduct and creates a warm and welcoming learning environment.
● Collaborates with the classroom teacher and all departments and offices as required or requested.
● Assists with the integration of technology in student learning experiences.
● Assists with the administration of appropriate assessments and records results.
● Prepares materials and classroom environment as directed by the lead teacher.
● Discusses pupils’ academic and behavioral attitudes and achievements with the lead classroom teacher and may participate in parent conferences.
● Assists with classroom record-keeping and home communication.
II. Professional Conduct:
● Builds and maintains collaborative working relationships with colleagues and administration.
● Contributes positively to the culture of the division.
● Demonstrates a commitment to professional growth.
III. Any Other Duties Assigned by Head of Lower School and/or her designee.
● At minimum, a bachelor’s degree in education, early childhood education, or the equivalent is preferred.
● At least two years of experience working with young children.
● Excellent communication, both oral and written.
● Comfortable with a team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
● Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious, and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
● Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse backgrounds of community
members with a continuous focus on healthy relationship building.
● Demonstrated deep understanding of cultural competency skills and enthusiasm for issues of diversity, inclusivity, and multiculturalism.
● Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children.
● Ability to exercise control and maintain classroom discipline.
● Proficient with GSuite.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
● Be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
● Regularly use close and distance vision.
● Frequently stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit.
● Turn, bend, reach, and occasionally climb.
● Work in a traditional climate-controlled classroom environment with moderate noise level.
Interested candidates, please email a cover letter, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job FunctionStudent and School Support