About Springside Chestnut Hill Academy
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (SCH) is an independent school offering a rigorous college preparatory program that delivers an unparalleled academic experience.
Position Title: Lower School Psychologist
Position Status: Full-time
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports To: Head of Lower School
The Lower School Psychologist supports the Head of Lower School, faculty, and students to ensure that we are living our mission and values on a daily basis through the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
I. Leadership Responsibilities:
- Functions as a part of the Lower School Leadership team along with the Head of Lower School, Assistant Head of Lower School, and Lower School Counselor.
- Brings a developmental perspective to divisional initiatives and makes strategic recommendations for the division and for teachers from a clinically-informed perspective.
- Collaborates effectively with multiple constituencies throughout the school community.
- Facilitates and/or co-facilitates a variety of parent coffees with the Head of Lower School.
- Cultivates relationships with community partners in order to make strategically-appropriate recommendations to the School and families.
- Stays current and up-to-date on empirically-based research that informs teacher practice, student success, and parenting strategies.
- Supports Admissions Director when necessary to enroll mission-appropriate students.
II. Student Support:
- Reviews psychoeducational reports and creates Official Accommodation Plans based on recommendations.
- Provides individual counseling as appropriate.
- Gathers, interprets, and shares student data (ex: rating scales, informal and formal classroom observations, etc.)
- Coordinates School’s communication with outside therapists.
III. Faculty Support:
- Coordinates communication between outside professionals and relevant school personnel.
- Observes students in classrooms as requested by Head of Lower School.
- Attends grade-level and faculty meetings and offers consultation as needed.
- Provides additional support to faculty as requested.
IV. Parent Support:
- Builds trusting relationships with families that support the School’s missions and values.
- Is a supportive resource for families.
V. Any Other Duties Assigned by Head of Lower School
● Pennsylvania state certification in school psychology.
● Doctoral-level degree in Clinical, Educational, or School Psychology preferred.
● Minimum of five years’ experience in a school environment.
● Well-rounded knowledge of most recent research on childhood education.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse backgrounds of community members with a continuous focus on healthy relationship building.
● Demonstrated deep understanding of cultural competency skills and enthusiasm for issues of diversity, inclusivity, and multiculturalism.
● Demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
● Work in an environment dealing with a wide variety of deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
● May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
● Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
● Work primarily in a traditional climate-controlled office environment.
Interested candidates, please email a cover letter, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and contact information for three references to email@example.com.
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job FunctionStudent and School Support