About Independence Mission Schools (IMS)
About IMS: Independence Mission Schools (IMS) educate students of all faiths living throughout Philadelphia. Our inspiring new network of 15 schools blends the best of Catholic education with innovative teaching strategies designed to meet the unique learning needs of all students.
Since our inception in 2012, our enrollment has grown over 20%, our students are outperforming 80% of their neighboring public and charter schools in Reading, and we have received increasing recognition as a network that successfully integrates faith, character, and academics to create warm, energizing schools that are sustainable for students, staff, and community. Ultimately, IMS recognizes that our students are on track to make their own choices in pursuit of college and career opportunities because they are on grade level academically and enrolled in a high-quality high school.
Perks of IMS: Teachers at IMS enjoy ongoing development through coaching, mentorship, and professional development and a benefits package that matches 403b contributions, provides low-cost healthcare, and guarantees paid sick time and personal time.
St. Frances Cabrini, an Independence Mission School, is seeking a full-time classroom aide who will work under guidance of the lead classroom teacher(s) in PK and K and will assist in classroom instruction, discipline, and other teaching/learning activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to assist classroom teacher in all requested duties related to classroom instruction, classroom preparation, student safety and hygienic needs, lunch, recess, behavior management and other duties as assigned throughout a 10-month school year
- Ability to maintain sensitive, confidential information
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a catholic education and urban environment
- Participation in relevant professional development
- Demonstrated professionalism and responsibility, and a strong work ethic
- A positive, high-energy attitude and a drive for personal excellence
- The ability to problem-solve and a sense of humor are preferred
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate’s Degree, or at least 48 college credits, required; education-related field preferred
- Experience working in a school-setting experience preferred
Other Pertinent Information:
- Classification: Full-Time, 10 months
- Schedule: 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM