About Philadelphia Youth Basketball
Philadelphia Youth Basketball, Inc. (PYB), a non-profit enterprise, is seeking to hire summer “Multi-Site Coordinators” to add real value to PYB’s Summer Camp Series. As a non-profit with a strong desire to generate scalable social impact, PYB relies heavily on the skills and passions of professionals of all ages who are able to provide expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Our Multi-Site Coordinators will be critical to our success in engaging and supporting staff and young people participating in our summer program.
PYB’s 2021 Summer Camp Series will be a mix of half-day, school-based and full-day, week-long camps offered to boys and girls entering grades 3-8 throughout the Greater Philadelphia Region. The camps will be hosted on various sites including local schools, churches and private facilities. Each camp day will include basketball skill-building and game-play, an hour of academic enrichment, positive coaching and mentorship, and a healthy breakfast and lunch.
Duties and Responsibilities
PYB is seeking summer camp multi-site coordinators with experience in supervising and managing sport-based youth development programs. PYB’s Multi-Site Coordinators will be responsible for managing a portfolio of sites, including the supervision of staff and coordination between PYB’s central office and the host partner of each site. This staff member reports to the Program Manager.
June 2021 to August 2021
- 21+ years old and high school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience supervising and managing sport-based youth development programs
- Enthusiasm and dedication to improving the lives of youth and families
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Positive communication skills
- Friendly, courteous manner
- Commitment to on-going growth and professional development
- Ability to uphold, promote, and model youth development principles
- Experience managing/ supervising staff members
- Access to your own vehicle and ability to drive between assigned sites as needed