About Global Leadership Academy Charter School
Are you a passionate and creative global educator looking for a culturally rich environment where you can make an impact? Global Leadership Academy Schools in Philadelphia are redefining what's possible in public education. The world is our classroom. GLA scholars have traveled to Kenya, China, Haiti, Jamaica, The Bahamas, Canada, Atlanta, Tennessee and more.
We view education as liberation and are committed to closing the achievement gap through exposure, access, and opportunity. With a groundbreaking school design that centers our children as world travelers and change agents, we deliver rigorous instruction that empowers scholars to take ownership over their learning while equipping them to compete on the local, national and international stage.
GLA educators are fired up about teaching and learning. They want to spend their time immersing themselves in the rich content that they teach. They believe in the power of family and community partnerships and want to nurture the gifts that our children inherently possess. GLA schools value educators who truly listen to what scholars are saying-who encourage children to take intellectual risks, and who praise their insights and curiosities along the way. Successful GLA educators have a spirit of continual improvement, a hunger for feedback and professional growth, and a dedication to excellence.
GLA is currently hiring for the following positions:
- Administrative Assistant: SY 23-24
- Attendance and Truancy Generalist: SY 23-24
- Building Substitute Teacher (Immediate)
- Certification Specialist: SY 23-24
- Enrollment Specialist: SY 23-24
- Family Life Liaison: SY 23-24
- Foreign Language Teacher: SY 23-24
- Instructional Assistant: SY 23-24
- K-6 Elementary Teacher (Immediate)
- K-6 Elementary Teacher: SY 23-24
- Math Interventionist Teacher: SY 23-24
- Middle School ELA Teacher: SY 23-24
- Middle School Global Studies and Science Teacher: SY 23-24
- Middle School Math Teacher: SY 23-24
- Reading Interventionist Teacher: SY 23-24
- Receptionist: SY 23-24
- Scholar Support Specialist (Immediate)
- School-Based Programs and Partnerships Coordinator: SY 23-24
- Special Services Teacher (Immediate)
- Special Services Teacher: SY 23-24
Learn more on the GLA jobs page.
DIVERSITY AT GLA SCHOOLS
GLA is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community, both through our hiring practices and our focus on creating a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and educating scholars. Our staff represent a wide diversity of racial, socio-economic, gender, religious, and national identities-opening a window to the entire GLA community on the richness of humanity. We welcome all applicants who share our mission and vision to join us in our liberatory work.
School TypePublic Charter