About Independence Mission Schools (IMS)
About IMS: Independence Mission Schools (IMS) educate students of all faiths living throughout Philadelphia. Our inspiring new network of 15 schools blends the best of Catholic education with innovative teaching strategies designed to meet the unique learning needs of all students.
Since our inception in 2012, our enrollment has grown over 20%, our students are outperforming 80% of their neighboring public and charter schools in Reading, and we have received increasing recognition as a network that successfully integrates faith, character, and academics to create warm, energizing schools that are sustainable for students, staff, and community. Ultimately, IMS recognizes that our students are on track to make their own choices in pursuit of college and career opportunities because they are on grade level academically and enrolled in a high-quality high school.
Perks of IMS: Teachers at IMS enjoy ongoing development through coaching, mentorship, and professional development and a benefits package that matches 403b contributions, provides low-cost healthcare, and guarantees paid sick time and personal time.
St. Thomas Aquinas, an Independence Mission School, is seeking a part-time lunch aide staff member to join the team!
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise students in the cafeteria during meals
- Maintain a system for orderly disposal of food waste
- Sees that students are seated in assigned areas throughout their time in the eating area
- Circulates among assigned tables during the mealtime so as to be available to children who need help or to resolve any minor problems that arise
- Ensures the cleanliness of tables and surrounding areas.
- Communicates with the classroom teachers about any relevant concerns.
- Informs principal of any serious infractions of discipline rules by students.
- Notifies principal immediately in event of a breech of security procedures.
- Brings medical problems and injuries to the immediate attention of principal.
- Is alert at all times to the children and their needs.
- Supervises students in the play area, as well as in moving to and from play areas.
- Supervises students in designated classrooms in the event of inclement weather or other situations.
- Follows all policies, rules and procedures established by the schoo
- Maintains confidentiality about students in accordance with school guidelines.
- Maintains a positive demeanor at all times including, but not limited to, use of appropriate language.
- Maintains an appropriate record of punctuality and attendance.
- Demonstrates an openness to suggestions for improving performance.
- Demonstrates a willingness to assist and work cooperatively with colleagues.
- Displays tact and courtesy when dealing with students, staff and others in the performance of this position.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as assigned by the Principal or designee.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience working in a school-setting experience preferred