About Independence Mission Schools (IMS)
About IMS: Independence Mission Schools (IMS) educate students of all faiths living throughout Philadelphia. Our inspiring new network of 15 schools blends the best of Catholic education with innovative teaching strategies designed to meet the unique learning needs of all students.
Since our inception in 2012, our enrollment has grown over 20%, our students are outperforming 80% of their neighboring public and charter schools in Reading, and we have received increasing recognition as a network that successfully integrates faith, character, and academics to create warm, energizing schools that are sustainable for students, staff, and community. Ultimately, IMS recognizes that our students are on track to make their own choices in pursuit of college and career opportunities because they are on grade level academically and enrolled in a high-quality high school.
Perks of IMS: Teachers at IMS enjoy ongoing development through coaching, mentorship, and professional development and a benefits package that matches 403b contributions, provides low-cost healthcare, and guarantees paid sick time and personal time.
IMS is seeking a Payroll and Benefits Administrator with a minimum of three years of experience. The payroll and benefits administrator is tasked with bi-weekly payroll management and benefit management for 14 schools and central office staff. The position will primarily focus on the not-for-profit accounting division that services Independence Mission Schools. This position requires location flexibility between the King of Prussia accounting office (main location) and Philadelphia school locations. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, extremely organized and have the willingness to learn.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties and Responsibilities:· Entering, maintaining, and/or processing information in the payroll system; information may include employee’s hourly rates, salaries, bonuses or other compensation, paid leave and holidays, benefits deductions and withholdings, and other information, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.· Producing applicable journal entries for all locations and wires for the accounting department’s approval.
· Ensure compliance with federal, state, international, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
· Responsible for gathering payroll and benefits paperwork associated with Open Enrollment, onboarding, life events and/or separations and communicating that with applicable 3rd parties and COBRA administration.
· Supporting annual audits of 403 (b), defined benefit plans, workers’ compensation, internal controls and other audit requests.
· Assisting in conducting benefits orientations and explaining benefits self-enrollment system as well as designing and distributing associated materials.
· Training new users in the payroll system as they are introduced into the network.
· Processing, verifying, and coding monthly premium invoices from benefits carriers, to be approved by Director of Accounting. And resolving administrative problems with applicable brokers/consultants/providers and working with the Accounting Team for monthly reconciliations.
· Assisting in annual benefits budgeting for all offices.
· Facilitating audits by providing records and documentation to Accounting including quarterly reports and annual W2 reconciliations.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Appropriate experience and Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
· Three to five years of related experience required – K-12 educator payroll.
· Extensive knowledge of the payroll functions including preparation, balancing, internal controls, and payroll taxes.
· Payroll systems experience (i.e., Paylocity).
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
· Strong organizational and listening skills
· Self-motivated, high attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast- paced environment
· High level of professionalism and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality as required and appropriate
· Deadline oriented
Physical/Mental/Visual Demands and Work Environment:
· Approximately 90% of this position’s duties require use of a computer
· Full Covid-19 vaccination and all applicable up-to-date vaccines doses and/or boosters are a prerequisite for employment.