About Independence Mission Schools (IMS)
About IMS: Independence Mission Schools (IMS) educate students of all faiths living throughout Philadelphia. Our inspiring new network of 15 schools blends the best of Catholic education with innovative teaching strategies designed to meet the unique learning needs of all students.
Since our inception in 2012, our enrollment has grown over 20%, our students are outperforming 80% of their neighboring public and charter schools in Reading, and we have received increasing recognition as a network that successfully integrates faith, character, and academics to create warm, energizing schools that are sustainable for students, staff, and community. Ultimately, IMS recognizes that our students are on track to make their own choices in pursuit of college and career opportunities because they are on grade level academically and enrolled in a high-quality high school.
Perks of IMS: Teachers at IMS enjoy ongoing development through coaching, mentorship, and professional development and a benefits package that matches 403b contributions, provides low-cost healthcare, and guarantees paid sick time and personal time.
St. Helena-Incarnation, an Independence Mission School, is currently seeking candidates for an open Pre-K Teacher position for the 2022-2023 School Year.
The successful candidate will show a commitment to the school community by consistently going above and beyond, by intentionally building relationships with staff, parents and students and by dedicating himself or herself to mastering the craft of teaching. The candidate will be eager to learn about and implement rigorous, standards-aligned curriculum that sets a high bar for student learning. The candidate should demonstrate a strong understanding of the foundations of literacy instruction and of the standards of mathematical practice. Teachers may also participate in committees and other professional activities and will perform related duties as required or requested.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Model outstanding character in accordance with Catholic teachings, and exhibit these traits through a positive classroom atmosphere and a commitment to the moral formation of our students
- Set high behavioral and academic expectations for students and be skilled at measuring and using student growth data to inform instruction
- Be an enthusiastic learner, committed to his or her own growth as an educator, who applies skills learned through frequent coaching, grade level teamwork and professional development
- Actively participate in the school community by lending their skills and interests to coaching and moderating extracurricular activities
- Experience teaching diverse learners and differentiating instruction (preferred)
- A track record of leading students to successfully achieve those expectations (preferred)
- Experience working with children and communities in an urban setting (preferred)
Certification, Degrees, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Pennsylvania Instructional Certificate (preferred)
- Clearances on all required background checks (required)