About Philadelphia Academy of School Leaders
The Philadelphia Academy of School Leaders (“School Leaders”) is a nonprofit organization that develops, engages, and retains principals and system leaders who transform schools, dramatically improve student outcomes, and drive systemic change to prepare all Philadelphia students for college, career, and life.
Our fundamental belief is that Philadelphia’s principals and school system leaders change students’ lives. Through an investment in results-driven leadership development experiences, the Philadelphia Academy of School Leaders empowers individuals to drive student outcomes and advance equity in Philadelphia’s district, charter, and faith-based schools.
Our flagship experience, the Neubauer Fellowship in Educational Leadership, provides proven principals with the resources and guidance to sharpen their leadership capacities. The Fellowship is a transformative two-year experience that develops critical leadership skills needed to elevate school performance and student outcomes in their schools and across the city. Fellows receive best-in-class professional development and build relationships with a network of outstanding peers who share strategies and problem-solve with one another.
As Neubauer Fellowship alumni are promoted to principal supervisor roles, they join Leaders of Leaders, designed to provide the tools needed to effectively supervise and develop principals, improve principal practice, and increase student outcomes. Fellowship alumni also serve as coaches to promising principals in our Performance Partners experience, where high-potential principals deepen the instructional skills necessary to coach teachers, resulting in improved teacher practice and student outcomes.
The Program Manager will play an instrumental role in supporting School Leaders’ vision of achieving educational equity in Philadelphia so every child in every neighborhood attends a school that prepares all students to attain their dreams. This requires a highly effective principal in each Philadelphia district, charter, and faith-based school who ensures every student is prepared for college, career, and life. The Program Manager will report to a Program Director and lead aspects of content design and program implementation, as well as communication of School Leaders’ programs and their impact. The Program Manager will provide vital leadership within a set of programs to ensure participants experience engaging and impactful leadership development opportunities that build their capacity to improve schools and dramatically increase student outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Manager’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
Manage Program Implementation and Quality
- Coordinate all program activities, sessions, and events
- Support design and lead implementation of specific program activities
- Serve as primary liaison for program participants
- Serve as faculty liaison and support material development
- Support program evaluation and ongoing improvement via surveys, data analysis, and report creation
- Where applicable, directly facilitate sessions and other activities with program participants
Lead Program Operations
- Coordinate and support design of participant recruitment and selection process and tools
- Manage program planning, logistics, and operations to ensure successful execution
- Lead project management for certain program components, including coordination of team members, faculty, and participants to ensure everyone is on track with program requirements and timelines
- Develop systems, templates, and project management tools to streamline program operations
- Support program-specific budget tracking and reconciliation
- Provide timely and responsive customer service
- Provide guidance and thought partnership to build capacity of colleagues
- Possibly manage program team intern
Coordinate Programmatic Communications
- Manage and draft communications with program participants and stakeholders (e.g., faculty, school system partners, etc.)
- Coordinate development and dissemination of print, electronic, and web-based program communications materials (e.g., program materials, newsletters, weekly updates, case studies, leadership profiles, etc.)
Additionally, the Program Manager will fulfill any other responsibilities as needed or assigned by the Program Director or Executive Director.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Passionately believe that all students can achieve at high levels
- Exhibit a strong focus on goals and results – including a track record of meeting or exceeding goals – and hold self personally accountable
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal communication – tailor message for audience, context, and mode of communication
- Build positive relationships with diverse stakeholders and maintain a service orientation
- Demonstrate excellent project management and implementation skills – work efficiently, maintain attention to detail, and is able to create, implement, and adapt project plans
- Demonstrate exceptional follow-through skills – able to multi-task and execute multiple tasks and requests from many stakeholders in a timely manner
- Exhibit a commitment to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a positive attitude, flexibility, and humor
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience working in a K-12 education setting, preferably with school-based experience as a teacher or staff member
- Knowledge of and experience implementing high-quality professional development for adult learners
- Demonstrated experience managing logistics and communications
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and Google-based applications
- Bachelor degree required. Master’s degree in education, management, or related field preferred.
Please send your resume and a role-specific cover letter. Applications to this position will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience. The Philadelphia Academy of School Leaders, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package to all employees.
The Philadelphia Academy of School Leaders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about School Leaders, please visit our website at phillyschoolleaders.org.