About Germantown Friends School
Germantown Friends School is a Quaker, independent, co-educational day school serving 900 students in grades K-12. Located in a historic neighborhood in northwest Philadelphia, the school takes its identity from a constellation of four distinct elements: a vibrant intellectual community, a historic urban setting, a diverse school community and a grounding in Quaker principles.
Germantown Friends School is seeking a Recruitment Manager to build enrollment for Breakthrough of Greater Philadelphia. This person will visit public, charter, and parochial schools throughout the City of Philadelphia in order to inform parents and students about the opportunities available through the program. This individual needs to be highly motivated, organized, and an enthusiastic champion of academic enrichment for the children of Philadelphia. The Recruitment Manager reports directly to the Executive Director of Breakthrough.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies designed to ensure that Breakthrough’s program attracts applicants from throughout Philadelphia under the direction of leadership. Find/establish relationships with target audiences for sourcing and identify events to participate to build awareness, including:
- Philadelphia School District – Office of Strategic Partnerships
- Partner Schools – identify 12+ public, parochial and charter schools and build relationships with Principals, Guidance Counselors and Teachers
- Parents of Potential Students
- Current BTGP Parents for Referrals via Parent Ambassador Program
- Home Student Association Leadership
- Community Hubs – Free Library, Physician Offices, Churches, etc.
- Educational Organizations – e.g., Community Scholarship Fund, PheNND, Mastery Charter
- Lead student recruitment by presenting to potential students and families, providing communication support with the application process, and, with the Program Manager, maintaining clear applicant records.
- Ensure that student applications are processed for all qualifications and that all students and families receive clear and consistent communication.
- Lead monthly parent association meetings for families of our students.
- Support with Saturday program functions.
- Recruitment and Parent Association Functions.
- Specific deliverables include:
- Create/implement weekly dashboard to review various stages in the application funnel: interest → application → interview → offer → commitment/enrollment → start June → return years 2-4
- Create/implement strategies and action plan to identify 12-15 target partner schools, cultivate relationships and yield steady, annual flow of candidates and enrollees
- Create/implement events calendar with partner schools and broader Philadelphia community events to establish Breakthrough’s presence within these communities.
- Design and launch Parent Ambassador Program to enhance student recruitment efforts.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact info of three references to email@example.com. Please include “Recruitment Manager” in the subject line.
Job FunctionTalent Development & Management