About Independence Mission Schools (IMS)
About IMS: Independence Mission Schools (IMS) educate students of all faiths living throughout Philadelphia. Our inspiring new network of 15 schools blends the best of Catholic education with innovative teaching strategies designed to meet the unique learning needs of all students.
Since our inception in 2012, our enrollment has grown over 20%, our students are outperforming 80% of their neighboring public and charter schools in Reading, and we have received increasing recognition as a network that successfully integrates faith, character, and academics to create warm, energizing schools that are sustainable for students, staff, and community. Ultimately, IMS recognizes that our students are on track to make their own choices in pursuit of college and career opportunities because they are on grade level academically and enrolled in a high-quality high school.
Perks of IMS: Teachers at IMS enjoy ongoing development through coaching, mentorship, and professional development and a benefits package that matches 403b contributions, provides low-cost healthcare, and guarantees paid sick time and personal time.
St. Martin of Tours, an Independence Mission School, is seeking a full-time STEM teacher for the 2022-2023 school year.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate should:
- Demonstrate collegiality to integrate cross-curricular instruction and real-world problem solving skills
- Skilled in their subject areas and be enthusiastic learners who apply skills learned through frequent subject and grade level teamwork and professional development
- Model outstanding character traits according to the ethics, values, and philosophy of the Catholic teachings, and exhibit these traits through a positive classroom atmosphere
- Lend their skills and interests to coaching and moderating of extra-curricular activities
- Offer excellent communication and presentation skills as well as solid planning and organizational skills
- Experience teaching diverse learners and differentiating instruction (preferred)
- A track record of leading students to successfully achieve those expectations (preferred)
- Experience working with children and communities in an urban setting (preferred)
Certification, Degrees, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Pennsylvania Instructional Certificate (preferred)
- Clearances on all required background checks (required)
Note: A teaching certification is preferred but is not required. If you have content expertise in math or science we encourage you to apply!
EOE: IMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates staff diversity. We strive to be and build a diverse team that is representative of our students and the communities in which we serve. If you identify as an individual of color, we highly encourage you to apply!