The School District of Philadelphia is the cornerstone provider of public education in Philadelphia. For forward-thinking administrators and educators, opportunities abound. The 130,000 students entrusted to the District arrive at school every day with an extraordinary range of needs and aspirations. We are committed to delivering on their right to an excellent public school education, and we are particularly focused on ensuring every student has access to exceptional educational opportunities. Equity is our mandate. Will you join us?
Provides assistance to staff during lunch and recreation periods. Assists in monitoring students’ behavior in and around the school building and assist in the preparation and serving of food during mealtimes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists security and instructional personnel on monitoring students’ activities and in patrolling.
- Helps to maintain order in the dining areas during lunch periods and the school play areas during recess.
- Ensures that students clean their respective eating areas prior to leaving the cafeteria, removes residual debris in between lunch periods as needed, and may assist in delivering lunches to students.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated ability to:
- Learn routine school procedures.
- Read and write English
- Follow simple written and oral instructions
- Work effectively with individuals or groups of children in school areas.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
School TypePublic District