About Springside Chestnut Hill Academy
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (SCH) is an independent school offering a rigorous college preparatory program that delivers an unparalleled academic experience
SCH Academy is currently looking for substitute teachers for all grades, kindergarten through 12th. I have attached a copy of the job description below. Substitute Teachers are responsible for delivering instruction and implementation of daily lesson plans, providing a caring and safe classroom experience for students, and ensuring student learning. Substitutes could be asked to teach full or half days.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Follows regular teacher’s lesson plans in a way that ensures consistency and optimal learning.
● Assigns classwork and homework, as necessary, according to lesson plans.
● Differentiates instruction to fi t the learning styles of various students.
● Maintains a well-managed classroom and positive learning environment.
● Supervises students out of class such as in the hallways, lunch-room, and recess.
● Maintains established routine of the school and classroom procedures in which assigned.
● Remains at school the entire school day, unless otherwise instructed to leave by divisional leadership.
● Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
● Communicates effectively with parents when needed.
● Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and times designated.
● Completes other duties as assigned.
● At a minimum, a bachelor’s degree.
● Experience teaching strongly preferred.
● Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to communicate effectively with all constituents in a diverse school environment.
● Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse backgrounds of community members with a
continuous focus on healthy relationship building.
● Ability to maintain classroom discipline.
● Track record of punctuality, responsibility, and flexibility.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
● Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
● Regularly use close and distance vision.
● Able to move around a classroom and other school environments.
Interested candidates, please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.