About YMCA Philadelphia
Connecting People To Healthier Lives is the guiding principle for every team member, every day, at the Greater Philadelphia YMCA. As one of the largest YMCA Associations in the country, we have the size and scope to create meaningful change in our communities, and give your career the runway it deserves. We welcome individuals excited to partner with us in building a diverse and inclusive world-class organization that promotes a culture of growth, community and innovation.
The YMCA is seeking summer youth development counselors for three different area locations. This is a great summer job for college students and current/future teachers. Pay is $15/hour, and the summer program lasts for seven weeks. Perks include a flexible work schedule, a free membership to the Y, discounted programming, and opportunities for continuing education, professional training and development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- We will train you to implement programs and activities.
- Support the academic day and School District teacher through activities like but not limited to: recording attendance, assist with classroom management and encourage student engagement.
- Embody the Greater Philadelphia YMCA commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of participants.
- Supervise participants to ensure needs and expectations are met.
- 18 years or older (no past camp experience necessary)