About Springside Chestnut Hill Academy
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (SCH) is an independent school offering a rigorous college preparatory program that delivers an unparalleled academic experience.
Teaches 2-D Art (possible mediums include Drawing, Painting, Designing, and Printmaking) and Woodworking classes (introductory to advanced) to high school students. Creates a thoughtful curriculum that encourages the development of creative thinking and visual art skills in individual students while meeting curricular objectives. The person in this role must be a passionate Arts advocate while supporting the Upper School, faculty, and students to ensure that we are living our mission and values on a daily basis through the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
● Teaches Upper School 2-D Art classes (possible mediums include Drawing, Design, and Printmaking).
● Teaches introductory to advanced Woodworking classes.
● Participates in the Bi-Annual Faculty Art Show.
● Collaborates with the Art Faculty in hanging the yearly All-School Art Show and Senior Walls.
● Regularly exhibits student work and manages display spaces.
● Evaluates student progress through multiple measures.
● Differentiates instruction to meet the needs of students.
● Provides timely and regular feedback on students’ progress toward skill mastery.
● Actively evaluates new tools and methods for use in the art classroom.
● Demonstrates, models, and designs learning experiences that foster diversity, equity, and inclusion.
● Uses effective classroom management techniques to create a warm and welcoming learning environment.
● Prepares course objectives and outlines the course of study following curriculum guidelines and any school requirements as mentioned in the mission statement.
● Serves as an advisor to a grade-level group of Upper School students and performs expected functions in that role as outlined by the Head of Upper School.
● Counsels students when adjustment and academic problems arise.
● Discusses students’ academic and behavioral attitudes and achievements with parents.
● Keeps daily attendance and records of students’ progress.
● Attends professional development programs each year.
● Other duties as assigned by the Department Chair/Director of the Arts and/or Division Head.
● Strong background in visual art with minimum of a Bachelors of Fine Arts, preferred Masters of Fine Arts.
● Proven ability as an artist and demonstrated ability in a large variety of media.
● Knowledge of applicable art studio safety procedures (use and maintenance of woodworking tools).
● Comfortable with a team-based work structure; works well collaboratively and demonstrates fl exibility.
● Ability to foster creativity and serve as an advocate for the Arts.
● A clear interest in, knowledge of, and ability to work with Upper School students.
● Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
● Ability to develop and implement curriculum and utilize teaching methodologies/best practices.
● Enthusiasm for and comfort using technology in and out of the classroom.
● Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
● Work in an environment dealing with a wide variety of deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
● Regularly use close and distance vision.
● Turn, bend, reach, and occasionally climb.
● Work in a traditional climate-controlled classroom environment with a moderate noise level.
● Be able to occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
● Able to move around a classroom and other school environments.
Interested candidates, please e-mail a cover letter, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and contact information for three references to email@example.com.
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.