About Germantown Friends School
Germantown Friends School is a Quaker, independent, co-educational day school serving 900 students in grades K-12. Located in a historic neighborhood in northwest Philadelphia, the school takes its identity from a constellation of four distinct elements: a vibrant intellectual community, a historic urban setting, a diverse school community and a grounding in Quaker principles.
For the 2022/23 school year, the mathematics department at Germantown Friends School is seeking a creative, thoughtful teacher to partner with us as we continue to search for innovative ways to challenge our students towards mathematical excellence while instilling in them an appreciation for the joy and beauty of mathematics and a confidence in their individual mathematical ability. We are a 6-12 department that values cross-divisional teaching, but our need is for a teacher who is passionate about teaching upper school students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- will attend all core, advisor, departmental, divisional, and all-school meetings.
- will act as a homeroom advisor, meeting with students daily, acting as a mentor to students and first point of contact over student concerns.
- will participate in the life of the GFS community through collegial behavior and participation in committee work.
- The ideal candidate:
- has a strong background in mathematics content and experience teaching Geometry through Precalculus.
- works collaboratively with colleagues.
- is familiar with current, research-based best practices around how students learn mathematics.
- will support the mission of the school.
- is familiar with creating remote lessons and hybrid instruction.
- has teaching experience and a master’s degree in mathematics or education.
- has emotional and cultural awareness and is inclusive in practices and professional activities.
- Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include US Math Teacher in the subject line.