About Springside Chestnut Hill Academy
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (SCH) is an independent school offering a rigorous college preparatory program that delivers an unparalleled academic experience
The ideal candidate will teach Upper School math, be an effective collaborator, serve as an advisor to a group of students, foster strong relationships, and communicate with students, families, and colleagues effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaches four Upper School math classes, consisting of two or more preps.
- Serves as an advisor to a grade-level group of Upper School students and performs expected functions in that role as outlined by the Head of Upper School and Assistant Head of Upper School..
- Collaborates with co-teachers who are teaching the same course to develop daily lesson plans, curricular materials, and assessments.
- Prepares course objectives and outlines the course of study following curriculum guidelines and any school requirements as mentioned in the mission statement.
- Demonstrates, models, and designs learning experiences that foster 21st century STEM learning skills in students.
- Demonstrates, models, and designs learning experiences that foster diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Integrates technology as an essential and regular component of student learning experiences.
- Prepares, administers, corrects, and records assessment results in a regular and timely manner.
- Differentiates instruction to meet the needs of students.
- Provides students with a variety of formats by which they can demonstrate skill mastery.
- Provides timely and regular feedback on students’ progress toward skill mastery.
- Teaches rules of conduct and creates a warm and welcoming learning environment.
- Maintains order and enforces school policies in the classroom and throughout common areas of the campus.
- Counsels pupils when adjustment and academic problems arise.
- Discusses pupils’ academic and behavioral attitudes and achievements with parents.
- Keeps daily attendance and records of students’ progress.
- May coordinate field trips.
- Collaborates within the Math Department and with all departments and offices as required or requested.
- Assumes other reasonable and equitable job-related duties assigned by the immediate supervisor, some of which occur on weekends and evenings.
- Attends professional development programs each year.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics and/or education; a master’s degree or working towards a master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of mathematics teaching experience is preferred.
- Enthusiasm for, and effective use of, technology in the classroom.
- A clear interest in, knowledge of, and ability to work with upper school students.
- Self-confidence with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Capable of performing multiple tasks while working on multiple projects simultaneously under “deadline” situations.
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding and to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form; ability to ascertain which people may need immediate assistance and to act accordingly.
- Working knowledge of 21st century technologies, like interactive white boards, class websites and management tools, presentation tools, etc.
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse backgrounds of community members with a continuous focus on healthy relationship building.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of cultural competency skills and enthusiasm for issues of diversity, inclusivity, and multiculturalism.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all constituents in a school environment.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Essential functions require maintaining physical condition necessary for activities such as sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, crouching, stooping, squatting, and lifting an average of 30 lbs.
- Regularly use close and distance vision.
- Turn, bend, reach, and occasionally climb.
- Work in a traditional climate-controlled classroom environment with moderate noise level.
Interested candidates, please email a cover letter, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and contact
information for three references to email@example.com.
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.