About Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School
Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School is a college preparatory, Catholic school for students of all faiths. Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School nurtures and challenges young people to recognize and realize their full potential as they learn to love others, grow in their faiths, and serve the common good.
The school welcomed its first class in August 2012 and now serves approximately 540 students. For seven years, Cristo Rey was located in the Logan neighborhood of North Philadelphia. At the start of the 2019 school year Cristo Rey moved to a brand-new home in the Tioga section of the city, remaining committed to serving under-resourced families from across the greater Philadelphia and Camden areas. The school utilizes a longer school day and year, structured academic assistance, and counseling support to prepare students for success in college and in post-college careers. All students enrolled in the school participate in a unique Work-Study Program through which they develop important skills and also help to finance the cost of their education. The Cristo Rey Work-Study Program gives students the opportunity to build core skills that will help them succeed in college and in the modern workplace. Each student works one day per week in an entry-level job in a professional work environment. The objective of the Work-Study jobs is to practice and reinforce the skills that students need to be successful in college and career, as well as to provide students with opportunities to develop confidence in a professional culture.
Cristo Rey Philadelphia is one of 38 Cristo Rey schools in the national Cristo Rey Network that currently serves approximately 14,000 students.
The Vice President of Finance and Operations at Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School is a high impact role in a dynamic and growing organization.
The VP of F&O reports to the President and is a member of the school Leadership Team and an important strategic partner to all of the organization’s leaders and collaborators. The VP of F&O oversees all aspects of the school’s financial operations and is supported by the Assistant Controller and HR resources.
The duties of the VP of F&O include organizing the annual budget process, maintaining cash forecast for the board summary, supervising monthly close and financial reporting and directing the annual audit process as well as overseeing school concerns in the area of insurance, banking and investments.
The role requires excellent people skills due to regular interactions with diverse members of the Cristo Rey community, including board members, school leadership, Work-Study partners, donors, faculty & staff, community leaders, families, and students.
Fundamental Requirements for Success
• A genuine and passionate commitment to the mission of Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School
• A willingness to contribute to the overall leadership of the school through active participation in the School Leadership Team.
• An eagerness to collaborate with diverse members of the Cristo Rey Community, including board members, school leadership, Work-Study partners, donors, faculty & staff, community leaders, families, and students.
• Excellent skills and experience in accounting, budgeting, reporting, banking, auditing, etc.
• Technical skills and experience in accounting systems, Microsoft Office tools, Salesforce
• Proven record of leadership and supervision of subordinate departments
Interested candidates should submit one PDF containing the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Cover letter to Tom Shoemaker, President
3. Three professional references