About Philadelphia Performing Arts: A String Theory Charter School
We believe every student is gifted and has specific intelligences that must be nurtured. Providing students with equal opportunity for learning and discovery and development of their innate potentials, through String Theory Schools’ unique and rigorous curriculum blending academic and artistic excellence, we enable our students to become the next generation of creative leaders.
The Philadelphia Charter School for Arts & Sciences seeks a full-time Vocal Music teacher to
join the Majors teaching team at our neighborhood campus located at 1197 Haworth St. At
Arts & Sciences, students in grades K-8 engage in a unique educational program designed to
grow the next generation of creative leaders, and where students focus on the arts and
sciences as major subjects alongside a technology-infused, standards-driven academic
curriculum. Our teachers are creative, passionate, professional educators that believe every
student has specific intelligences that must be nurtured and that all students should have an
equal opportunity to achieve their own innate potential.
Duties and Responsibilities
String Theory Schools teaching candidates…
● are passionate about creative arts and sciences
● are undaunted by urban challenges and dynamic change
● value multi-disciplinary collaboration
● know technology can transform learning experiences
● apply feedback and constructive criticism with grace
● understand that hard work and fun are not mutually exclusive
● accept responsibility for student growth
● not only think outside the box, but can find compelling reasons why the box isn’t
● Develop vigorous plans, projects, assignments, and assessments.
● Collaborate with grade level teachers to refine and implement high-quality curriculum
aligned to standards.
● Build relationships with students and families through thoughtful and frequent
● Experience working in diverse settings and/or commitment to improving one’s own
● Ability to use or willingness to learn technology integration to improve teaching and
● Ability to effectively manage a classroom where inquiry, differentiation, and authentic
learning are high values.
● Analyze and regularly use both qualitative and quantitative data to inform your
● Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree
● PA Certification in Instructional Music PK – 12
● Criminal history, child abuse and FBI clearances (Acts 34, 151 and FBI)
● Access to consistent coaching in instruction and technology integration
● Access to best-in-class technology resources and a physical framework designed with
innovative learning in mind
● Excellent health benefits (for both you and your family), retirement benefits, and
School TypePublic Charter